Sinister: Thursday Morning Doldrums

Jake Reichert ajax at xxx.com
Thu Oct 1 19:26:24 BST 1998

Although I guess for most of you it's Thursday evening doldrums around
now.

Just thought I'd pop in and say howdy.  I joined the list a scant two days
after picking up my first B&S album (that being about a week ago).  It
has, through some means or other, gotten stuck in my cd player, playing
over and over, against my will (err, or something like that).

Hee hee.  They give me butterflies in my stomach.  Really.  Not many bands
do that.

So what can I say about me, for any interested parties out there.  Well,
the important things are that my name is Jake (I'll go by mrjake to avoid
any Jake-confusion on the list), I live in San Francisco, work in the
music/computer industry, and have the correct number of limbs.

And now for the laundry list of exciting stuff:
-My favorite band is His Name Is Alive
-I was an obsessive Smiths fan back in high school (bet I wasn't the only
one)
-I own a number of baggy pants
-I have a groovy apartment and a Roland JP-8000 to keep me occupied
-My cd collection is growing out of control.  At last count, we were
around 600 (what can I do to stop this????)
-I love cheese
-I wish my landlord would let me have a cat
-I can make balloon animals
-I need to start doing music reviews again
-I'm related to a Zulu Prince (really)
-My mother saw Jimi Hendrix and the Beatles
-Favorite non-B&S bands I've found recently: Komeda, Faust and Fuxa
-I'm jealous of all the UK listees because of their access to better
cheese
-I'm obsessed with monkeys
-I really hope the Trash Can Sinatras put out another album soon
-Did I mention the cheese part?

Hmmm... that's about all I can think of.  Also just wanted to remark that
the people here seem a good deal friendlier than other lists I'm on
(though the 4AD list has calmed down a bit in recent years...).  Any other
San Franciscans around, or am I the sole delegate to the list?

In any case, it's nice to see mailing list where people aren't as rigid
about what constitutes on- and off-topic discussions.  Hell, how much fun
can a mailing list be if you don't really know anyone on it?

TTFN,
mrjake