Sinister: We can't go on together, with suspicious minds...

susannah susannah at xxx.net
Fri Oct 2 01:00:50 BST 1998

Dear list.

I have just been for a very entertaining night at the Garage seeing an Elvis
lookie-likie, probably while half the list were down at the Delgados at the
Union Chapel at the other end of the road. Still, Elvis held its special
moments, three changes of costume, with the appearance of getting a little
fatter at each time.
Only, Elvis didn't play that much Elvis, more a medley from the Doors to Nirvana
, all in the Elvis club-style. very entertaining, I even shouted out 'Fox in the
Snow!'.

Favourite moment though was the appearance of Sean Hughes, really a resident of
the Garage as he is a top pop ligger. I asked him what he thought of Belle and
Sebastian the other night, and he screwed up his face and said 'good band, but
the sound was appalling'. Sean doesn't lie. He's a good Irish sort. Salt of the
earth. And he's on telly.

Oh! and my B&S lookie likie thing happened again, and not just a passing
resemblance either but a  full on quality Stuart Murdoch lookie likie with
cheekbones an owt.

I think my watercress and spinach diet has left me feeling a bit light headed as
I slipped on a wet tomato on the way home.

Susannah
xxx