Sinister: Curses to you flashing blade!

Mark Crutch xav at xxx.uk
Sat Oct 3 06:40:00 BST 1998

Aha! A Flashing Blade reference! So I wasn't dreaming, it did exist!!!

None of my friends remember the Flashing Blade (though many still have
nightmares about Heidi), so I tried to sing them the theme song. Tragically
I was only young when I was younger, so can't actually remember the lyrics
- which results in me singing the first line loudly and proudly, then
lowering my head and dribbling into my fake-eggshell pseudo-cardie as I
suddenly realise that the only chance I've got of coming up with a second
line, is to rearrange the first a bit, but leave the same word at the end
so it kinda rhymes when I mumble.

So, what I generally end up with is: "You've got to fight for what is
right, and all that you believe//It's right to fight for what you want
(dribbling rapidly increases at this point) and all that you believe...

I know it's wrong, but at least the tune's okay - but someone help me; what
were the lyrics?

Oh yeah, whilst I'm writing, definitely Daphne from Scooby Doo, followed by
Wilma Flintstone ("She'll never leave Fred..."). Guess I'm just a sucker
for redheads - especially those framed in a silhouette of black ink.

That is all.

Xav

xav at compsoc.man.ac.uk
http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~xav