Sinister: Who are these people?

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Sun Oct 4 00:24:01 BST 1998

> Date: Sat, 03 Oct 1998 23:06:03
> From: Philippe Garnier <Philippe.Garnier at xxx.fr>
> Subject: Sinister: For the beautiful american listees

> She is afraid that americans will not love belle & sebastian. She told us
> that she had read some nasty things from the US and so she feels a bit
> afraid. I said that there were many listees in the US that really love
> them! She answered "You know, I dont know anything about Internet. I dont
> know how to send a email!". So she never had a look at the beautiful
> messages from the US... She would have understood that you are waiting
for
> them!

Ah, she is either doing that whole Caesar thing of "no, I can't accept the
crown" making people want to give it to her more, or she actually believes
that.

Who are these people saying nasty things?  Even my friends who I can't
convince to buy an album will listen to my stuff and think it's cool.
Journalists?  MTV?  Yeah, of course MTV will say something "nasty."  Not
because it's bad, but they have to have an excuse to say why it won't fit
in the play list.  Also, sadly, I guess it also falls more into the
category of "sissy."  It's why no one liked the Smiths yet were more
willing to embrace Morrissey with a hard glam sound back in 92.  Still, I
can't wait.  If everything goes to plan, I will be in Boston to see them.
If not, I will be sitting lonely and docile at my parent's house enjoying
our weekly meal together.

s.s.