Sinister: Tribute to B&S

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Mon Oct 5 15:33:23 BST 1998

Jan wrote:
<< Hey all.
  I was thinking of making a B&S tribute cassette.
 I dont know if this has been brought up on this list yet but...... >>

Before any boring people with legal writs and official e-mails step in, can I
just say what a fantastic idea this is? I mean if crappy zeitgiest shaggers
like Silver Sun can record dubious cover versions, and then flog them, why
can't we? (Not flog them, I mean, but record them..)
At worst it could be a horrible trawl through the bedrooms and acoustic
guitars of a generation, but at best...well, if the imagination and diversity
of the list could be applied to the songs of Belle and Sebastian, it would
sound incredible. My favourite image at the moment is Issac Hayes singing
Dirty Dream #2. Maybe the list's resident fictional scouse comedian would care
to volunteer?
        I'd love to be on this album- doing, oh, I could be dreaming, maybe-
but I'm not doing it on me own- it'll sound like a sad git in his bedroom- so
does anyone in London feel like joining me? I'm thinking of a wall of aural
fireworks and wibbling synths here.. and a big f*ucked up rock out ending.
it'd be marvellous. Come on, you know you want to...

<<If anyone things this idea is shite, just kill me or whatever,>>

No! This is a potentially fantastic idea, and miles better than anything we've
seen for ages! You should be venerated by the whole list! Just as long as it's
not going to just be crap Stuart M impressions for 90 minutes...
God! I'm excited now!

AnExcitedFunkySeb

''If the sun was the dome of St Pauls,
and Mars rode around the Circle Line, Neptune the M25,
And we strolled down Church St looking for second-hand clothes;
We'd be out in space somewhere
Near the moon, just looking down at all this debris''
Animals that Swim, 'Near the Moon'