Sinister: Belle and Sebastian...on the radio...playing songs for Frenchmen...

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Mon Oct 5 18:46:41 BST 1998

     Oooh! I've tuned my old radio in, and dusted off my GCSE french, and I'm
waiting with bated ears, or something. I haven't listened to french radio
since my school days.I keep expecting there to be questions:
a) Why is M.Lenoir unhappy?
b) How many dogs went missing in Clemont Ferrent?
c) What is the mayor of Lyon's hobby?
d) Is the mushroom museum open on Wednesdays?

I went round a mushroom museum once. Actually that's a lie. I nearly did, but
we all went to the troglodyte village instead. It was a school trip; we stayed
in a monastry and in the evenings, we'd sneak off to the vineyard to drink
cider, and cough on Gauloises.
I liked France. You can buy cigarettes when you're very young. There's a cafe
on almost every street corner and beer drinking's obligatory. The french for
key cutting is tampon. Possibly. I may have made the last bit up.
         Only a few hours to go. People in southern Britain, you can pick up
France Inter easily- it's around 160 long wave-right at the far left of your
radio dial, and spreads far either side: it's really easy to find. At least
I'm sure that it's France Inter- there's a man getting very angry about
Belgian Croissants at the moment. As far as I can make out. The jingles also
seem to be written by John Shuttleworth. Bing Bong Bing.
       Well, here we go. Good luck Belle and Sebastian.
Philippe (with one L) wrote:
<<Belle & Sebastian will just play. No interview, just music during 50
minutes.>>
Surely not just B&S for 50 minutes? They'll get a bit tired...or do you mean I
have to put up with 41 minutes of crappy stuff in between? Oh well. We'll see.
Thanks for the tip off.
I haven't felt this way since I first heard them. I'm so excited :-)
oooohhhhh!!
seb