Sinister: cover me badd

ken_davis at xxx.com ken_davis at xxx.com
Mon Oct 5 21:08:40 BST 1998

I was on the Liz Phair mailing list a year or two ago, where this notion of
listees playing musical homage to the list subject, also took shape.  If memory
serves, we had about 300 messages about this: we should do our own
interpretation of Liz songs, we should perform Liz-style songs, we should do
honest covers of Liz songs, we of like-Liz-mind should record any kind of song
we like. etc....  Eventually, I think a tape was made containing
all-of-the-above as songs.  It was distributed to the "artists" and anyone else
interested (not me).  Eventually the recording creating alot of list noise,
without much payoff.

Oh well, it's a free list...do what you like.

Cheers

Ken
Topsfield, MA

- who is going to see both Liz Phair and B&S this month -> Donovan: does this
entitle me to any Matador swag...a sticker perhaps?  Did I mention, my extensive
Yo La Tengo and Guided By Voices collections?