Sinister: Belle and Sebastian...on the radio...playing songs for Frenchmen...

Stephane Buron sburon at xxx.fr
Tue Oct 6 10:42:56 BST 1998

Hi list!
Just a quickie to tell you I was at the radio session yesterday night...
What could I say? It was wonderful, once again. Here is the set list
(sorry seb, no "Loneliness of a Mid-distance Runner") :

The boy done wrong again
Dog on Wheels
Paper boat
Seeing other people
Century of fakers
I know where the summer goes : during the news, unfotunately
Mayfly
The wrong girl
Dirty dream number two
Poupee de cire Poupee de son
Slow Graffiti
I don't love anyone
Sleep the clock around : after 10.30, unfortunately again...

Concerning the tapes, I'd love to be able to record a few ones BUT I
dont have any double tape player... Sorry.

Some of you have complained about Bernard Lenoir and news at the middle
of songs... I know, that's a shame, but believe me, he would have
preferred a 1 hour session without any interruption... Just to explain
the situation in France : there is only one national radio on which you
can listen to good music, and only one broadcast on this radio : it's
Bernard Lenoir's... Many years ago, he was on a private radio but was
fired. A few years ago, he arrived on France Inter (a public radio) and
his broadcast lasted 1hour and a half... Now, he still is on this radio
station but it lasts only 45 minutes. I know, it's a shame, but you
listees have to realise that indiepop is not popular at all in France.
So these news interruptions are the price we have to pay to hear Belle
and Sebastian on the radio... Sorry again if you were disappointed.

Stephane
--
Visitez le Tweeclub sur http://www.chez.com/tweeclub

"I had a job in an office once, I never talked to anyone..."
Belle and Sebastian, Pocketbook Angel