Sinister: You and your bloody oranges

Mctaggart, Robert MctaggartR at xxx.com
Tue Oct 6 17:22:39 BST 1998

At last!

The question I've been waiting for:

Tami wrote:

>can anyone reccomend some good cheese to me?  I like cheese a lot,
>especially gouda.  Is Swedish cheese good, or would I just be
>wasting my time?

Far from it, Tami.  I've had Swedish blue (no sniggering at the back)
and I have to say it rules.  It's like Danish blue, only better (maybe
cos you can guarantee Peter Schmeichel's relatives were never involved
in it).  There are other kinds of Swedish cheese, you can buy them in
IKEA along with maribou chocolate (God's own chocolate, you know), but
they're more of your bog standard 'slice them up and stick them on your
ryvita for breakfast' variety.  I can't remember what any of them are
called of course.  Elsewhere, I've already sung the praises of Islay
cheese.  Cambazola rocks.  Lancashire smoked cheddar is damn good.  St
Nectaire, Bavarian smoked cheese...the possibilities are endless.

When Pulp went to Sweden, Russell asked the promoter there if he could
try some of the local herring.  The promoter backed away, saying "No,
no, we don't have any of that".  It was only later that Russell realised
the guy thought he'd said 'heroin'.

Jake wrote:

>I hear they're giving away copies of Tigermilk to the first 50
>people to show up.

Naughty boy.  April 1st was 6 months ago.

Rich wrote:

>Having brought this months issue of uncut (a film and music
>magazine, not one devoted to pre-bah mitzvah jewish boys) and there >is
a free 4AD sampler CD on it. There is a song on there by This >Mortal
Coil which sounds pretty good. Ws this a fluke or are they >actually any
cop?

Uncut, eh?  Anyhoo, the song's "You and your sister" which is a cover of
a Chris Bell (from Big Star) song and one of the best things TMC ever
did, apart from "Song to the Siren" (the "famous" one) which is lovely.
If you're prepared to wade through a lot of Dead can Dance type nonsense
which leans worryingly towards Goth, there's a couple of goodies on the
first LP, and the third one "Blood", That's the one with "You and your
sister" and a couple of other pretty good songs, which I've forgotten
the names of.  I'm no bloody help at all, am I?

Corpora wrote:

>Fantasy cover.... ummm..... I'd love to hear the Roches(#3) have a go
>at "The Boy Done Wrong Again".

My fantasy cover is a particular Canadian girl I met in Glasgow earlier
this year, covered in Swedish blue cheese.

Love tag xx