Sinister: Lurker Revealed!

Goon Koch goon_koch at xxx.com
Tue Oct 6 18:35:36 BST 1998

Well, I've been lurking for a while, but then Seb's (he always makes me
laugh out loud) recent appeal to the quiet people flushed me out.

So you see what you've done!  I'm afraid you've awakened a potentially
most unquiet person . . .

I am not a journalist.  Well, I was for one day when I was dispatched to
review a singer-songwriter in a terrible poseur club near NYU.  He sang
so terribly earnestly, with a leather vest over an otherwise bare torso
and a ludicrous cap to cover his bald spot.  He was terrible, but I
couldn't bear to trash him in my little school paper.  So that was the
end of a promising career in subsidized cruelty; quashed before it even
began.

It's been said here before, but:  Why is the Philly show still not sold
out?  But I should say that, officially, the Troc is bigger (1200 vs.
1000!) than the Supper Club.  I couldn't believe how packed the Elliott
Smith show was there last week.  But then I thought he did "between the
bars" way too fast and there was way too much obnoxious talking in the
bar upstairs.  Must have been the people who didn't realize that this
song was in the movie and they were supposed to pay attention.

There probably will be scalpers for the NYC shows, but I would stop
short of issuing assurances to people flying over from the UK for that
very purpose.  Which raises the question:  why are you flying to the
States for a B&S gig?  Do you fly to Kenya to harvest ice floes too?
But, in general, I would say that, yes, tickets will be scalped at some
point prior to this show.

I'm so excited about the 11/2 show!  I've tried to start a meet-up
thread on the Jeepster board, but there have been no takers yet.
Someone mentioned Korova Milk Bar.  Never been there, but sounds great
to me.

okloveyoubyebye,

-g. k.-