Sinister: French fries, French bread, French dressing...

denis cadoret cadoret at xxx.fr
Tue Oct 6 00:40:24 BST 1998

At 15:36 03/10/98 PDT, Erin Lewis wrote:

>Hey kids,
>     Philippe writes the most beautiful letters, doesn't he?  I just
>want to say thank you to Philippe and Mark C and everyone else who says
>they like Americans.  I have experienced the "I hate all Americans, but
>I guess *you're* okay..." and it's so nice to think there *are*
>welcoming arms in every country.  I know America has a bad rep
>sometimes, especially what we read of France's opinion of us.  I know
>many people who are scared to visit France, for fear they all hate us.
>If there are even five boys and girls in France as nice as Philippe and
>the other Sinisterines, I will have to take a holiday there.  Let's have
>a picnic, I say.
>
>I love you all to pieces,
>
>Miss Erin, who just ordered her small Stow t-shirt and is happy, happy,
>happy as a texturized vegetable protein clam substitute

here's another Frenchie, who USED TO be an american hater. Well, I still
loathe 90 % of your culture and people, but as for the 10% remaining, wow
wonderful. by the way, most of my faves bands or films are American. So.....
I've just realised that the 10% applies to every country actually. And
France may be 5% only. You see, I'm more a (fake) misanthropist than a real
American hater.
that's true I can't abide a stressed american accent.
Denis