Sinister: a bit of my soul

Archel rap101 at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 7 12:57:32 BST 1998

dear listerines, (oh no, that's not quite right is it)

i have been having an epiphanic (real word?) couple of days. my head
is feeling kind of weird now. last night i was listening to the
student radio network chart and got really quite depressed after 3
songs in a row with identical messy guitars and plodding drums. so of
course i put on TARTYBOYS for consolation. later on though my faith in
radio returned listening to simon mccabe's show on university radio
york (which none of you will be able to hear unless you're in york).
he played some really rather lovely stuff including miles davis and
billie holiday, and i was just wondering whether to phone up and say
'you have a sexy accent and bloody great musical taste, can you please
play chickfactor' when, literally seconds later, he said: 'and here is
belle and sebastian with chickfactor'. how wonderful is that? i nearly
cried.

the night before was also funny. some friends and i were drinking
copious amounts of wine when suddenly a darling boy named al produced
a guitar and we all rocked into a spontaneous version of 'get me
away...' of course it was rather drunken and poor, and not really good
enough for a tribute tape, but in its own little way it felt like the
greatest tribute to b&S there could be. 6 friends full of love and
happiness singing their hearts out in a small, messy living room
somewhere in york.

sorry, just had to share that.

Archel xxxx

ps. Adrian - i sent you a really witty, great message but the server
returned it. honest.
>           +---+   "legion of bedroom saddo devotees"  +---+
>  +-+  "the cardie wearing biscuit nibbling belle & sebastian list"  +-+

Rachel Playforth
rap101 at york.ac.uk
http://members.tripod.com/~RPlayforth/welcome.htm