Sinister: caffeinated whackiness

Jake Reichert ajax at xxx.com
Thu Oct 8 01:34:24 BST 1998

Just thinking a bit about that 4AD cd that came with UNCUT.  Would any
kind UK humans be willing to pick me up a copy in exchange for some
hard-to-get US release of something or other?  I'm in the heart of used-cd
land, so I'd be more than willing to make a trade.

I was playing around on my keyboard the other day, trying to figure out
how to make it sound like a Fender Rhodes (inspired by "Sleep the Clock
Around", I was), and although I wasn't succesful, managed to create a
sound that was eerily similar to that wierd, muted baby-piano sound that
shows up in just about every Pram song.  Do any knowledgeable people out
there happen to know what instrument that really came from?

(Tangential note: The best description I ever heard of Pram is that it
sounds like Mary Poppins on acid.  I know Pram isn't terribly B&s related.
Just thought I'd point that out).

As this is now the official Belle & Sebastian & Cheese list, I'll throw in
some thislisty content.  My vote is for a really nice, old six-year-or-so
aged Italian Parmesan, the kind with little crunchy bits embedded in it
that just tastes oh so good with a nice glass of wine or four.

Most of you are sleeping by now, and I haven't even left work.  Oh, the
inhumanity of GMT.

-mrjake
What the hell was Faust doing in '73?  They would have been much better
received if they'd set their coordinates for '95 instead.