Sinister: Disco baby, sexy baby, hot!

Mctaggart, Robert MctaggartR at xxx.com
Wed Oct 7 13:38:11 BST 1998

Hello happy revellers,

For once NME made me laugh today.  The little bit in thrills entitled
"Carnage Fuckers" about riots at B&S shows.  Also the Technics advert
which said "Something colossal this way comes.  The rock Godzilla of all
beats.  Spewing out the phantom loops of the 14th Century Sunday Social.
A burning beast of mediaeval madness.  Two minds melted into one.
Welcome to the Chemical Brothers wall of sound.  It lives and breathes
but who will tame it?"  It's powerful stuff and I was so impressed that
I've bought a dozen.

Can anyone shed any light on the strange rumour that the old Captain
Bird's Eye was sacked and replaced with the new "hunky" version, because
it came to light that the old Cap'n was, in fact, a woman.  Seeing as
how my own father was cast as the good Captain in an office looky-likey
competition, I have a vested interest in knowing the truth.

Genevieve wrote:

>i'm sorry,but if you found mister marylin in your cupboard wouldn't
>you pick up his slimy worm body with 2 sticks and throw him out in >the
garbage!?!?

For anyone that missed it, that was really funny.

The Fluffster wrote:

>how are you! I'm great 'cos I've just listened to a fab song on a FAB
>film which makes me happy....the film is called CRIA CUERVOS (Raise
>ravens) and it's fab, but heres the main reason for the post.... the
>film has this song in it which Ana plays on her Dansette (or >whatever)
and they dance around the living room to it, until their >grandmother
calls them, and Ana goes to attend to her. And this song, >I don't know
who it's by, but it's fab.

I don't who it's by either, but it reminds me of the film "L'effrontee",
starring the magnificent Charlotte Gainsbourg.  She keeps playing a song
on her dansette, and it's complete saccharin but I love it.  It reminds
me of trying to snog this girl called Florence on the French exchange
when I was 14, and blowing it cos I trod on her feet while we were
smooching.  Anyway, Charlotte is pissed off in the film cos she sees all
her classmates going to a club called the "Roule-Roule", which has now
taken over from "The Sinister Soul Weekender" as my preferred name for
our planned night.  Either that or "Carnage Fuckers", which I suspect
will be Keith's preferred choice.  Where the hell is Keith, anyway?

Comrade Elisa wrote:

>Find a pub that will let you play records all night, tape up the
>posters and start your own fun. Even better, take your treasures home
>and have a private disco in the comfort of your living room...

You know, Elisa, you have many qualities I look for in a woman.

then John, John, the Dandy Don wrote:

>To the point though. Mr Robert "MC Taggart" McTaggart will be
>venturing forth from his bedroom in a couple of Saturdays time. Armed
>with his carrier bag of obscure European pop greats that nobody likes
>and Northern Soul comps on Kent that everybody loves. He will be
>strutting his stuff and spinning some mean tunes at Manchester's
>Smile. Anybody in the Manchester area that fancies going along and
>offering a bit of moral support would probably be appreciated.

I'd prefer immoral support, but yes, it's true.  And why stop at the
Manchester Area - why don't you all come?  October 17th, Star and
Garter, Fairfield Street, Manchester.  Two pounds.  Anyone who went to
our little Aftershow party at Christmas will know what to expect,
although there should be more people serving at the bar this time.  You
may even get to see me and the Dandy himself doing our patented "camp
northern soul dancing".

>You'll be able to identify Robert by his big smile and abnormally
>petite feet. I've never dared look at his feet myself but I have
>noticed some shoes lying around his house that I assumed belonged to >a
small child.

John's been itching to say that for months.  He's sitting there in
Wythenshawe feeling thoroughly pleased with himself.  And with Julian as
his scriptwriter, who can blame him?

Finally, Cynthia Someone, I want you to know that you moved me.  I mean
it.

Love tag xxx