Sinister: Disco baby, sexy baby, hot!

mjh18 at xxx.uk mjh18 at xxx.uk
Thu Oct 8 10:22:35 BST 1998

> Can anyone shed any light on the strange rumour that the old Captain
> Bird's Eye was sacked and replaced with the new "hunky" version, because
> it came to light that the old Cap'n was, in fact, a woman.  Seeing as
> how my own father was cast as the good Captain in an office looky-likey
> competition, I have a vested interest in knowing the truth.

This is both untrue and wrong. My mum used to work as a REP for Birds Eye way
back in the early eighties, and did an in-store demonstration of fish fingers
(why?) and such like with THE Captain Birdseye one time (one time). He was
indeed a fella, and a nice one too. Unfortunately my mum went on to have
nightmares for days about hordes of screaming kids descending upon her
demanding small sections of fish finger.

The REAL dirt in Birdseye lies in the devastated hopes of The Birdseye Twins,
focus of a HUGE advertising campaign that was lost to the nation due to the ITV
strike...

Mark