Sinister: Oon/Macchio/Lord Anthony

Chris Leonard cleonard at xxx.COM
Thu Oct 8 10:47:30 BST 1998

Philippe wrote:

> I dont know whether oon is a boy or a girl, but I have decided that a
> Belle&Sebastian fan from FarEast deserves a tape.

Oh, Oon is all girl.  Uh-huh.  Me and my miss Julia had the pleasure of
looking after her on the recent Belle and Sebastian UK tour and I miss
her terribly.  Oon means 'warm' and it doesn't matter how many o's you
put in front of it, it still means 'warm'.  Like this "oooooooooooon".
That means warm.  She carries little bottles of strange medicines about
with her, rhino tusk and the like to cure indigestion.   She scares
easily and has a huge gambling problem, like her mother before her.

Talking of Ralph Macchio,  I went to sleep last night listening to blues
legend Robert Johnston.  Next thing I was dreaming I was Ralph Macchio
making my way down to the crossroads to sell my soul to the devil.  And
the devil was there in his big black hat with a strange white goatee
beard.  I wish I could sell my soul to the song snake.  And he goes
"Jack Butler's gonna like you" and took me to hell which looked a lot
like a seedy bar with loose woman and sluts.  Then it just got dirty,
sort of like one of those dreams Murdoch has.  Why don't people tell us
their dirty dreams, I've had a cracker about Linda Bellingham, ask
Honey.

Speaking of new songs, I have no idea how this "Lord Anthony" song goes
at all.  I've never heard it! I thought I'd have a stab at the lyrics
anyway.

Lord Anthony
Lord Anthony, your little dog
Keeps trying to lick my face
It's a disgrace yes a disgrace.
Trained dogs should not jump on boys
Are you stupid?
You're not fit to have a dog Lord Anthony.

It's a short song, I think.
  christopher