Sinister: Catherine Zeta-Jobby

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Oct 8 14:21:14 BST 1998

Sarah, I asked about your mysterious Spanish song last night, and got a full
song and dance routine in the kitchen. In a funny accent. I hope this helps.

What else? Is the song "Lord Anthony" about the children's clothing company
of the same name? If so, I presume it is a Murdoch composition. Katrina, we
miss you terribly. In the meantime, here's my guess at the lyrics:

Ladybird pants and socks and vest,
My mum buys them, she knows best,
Clark's shoes shiny, scuff-proof, have you seen?
I had to go on the tickly foot measuring machine,
My smart new trousers, it's plain to see,
Were made for poofters by Lord Anthony!

Lord Anthony, Lord Anthony,
Helped by gnomes and a little fairy!
Lord Anthony, Lord Anthony
Reasonable prices, but not for free!
It's still a short song, but a bit longer than Christopher's.

Northern Soul! Stuart's party would benefit from the following CDs. I'm not
going bore everyone rigid by going on and on and on about what I've got, I'm
going to bore everyone rigid by going on and on and on about what I'd like,
please and thank you.

The Twisted Wheel Story Vol 2 - on Goldmine.

This contains a "wierd bee sting dance" and "primitive instrumentals". What
more could one ask for at a party?

Shrine - The Rarest Soul Label - on Kent

A good trick is to read the introductory pieces written about Kent releases
on the Ace Records website. If the reviewer appears to have completely lost
his trolly due to extreme ecstasy, it's usually good. If they just seem to
say, well, it's really good, it's probably not that good really. Good but
not great. Or great but not truly magnificent. You get the idea. This one
gets raved about big style by Adrian Croasdale or whatever his name is. He
seems to know his onions. Must be a right freak in fact.

5000 Volts of Stax - on..erm.. Stax

As above. Not strictly Northern Soul, but I still don't know what that is
anyway. Sounds great, I love Stax. You-Know-Who is on it. And the Staple
Singers.

Signifying! - on BGP

Greasy organ led jazzy funk instrumentals. Great for parties. Probably.
There are loads of others I could recommend to myself, but I'd get my
mailbox jammed with "returned due to boredom" messages. Which, incidentally,
is a terrible idea. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. And I
don't mean pull their pants down and stuff baby wombles up their bum.

Peter

PS: Thanks to PhiLiPPe for pointing out my mistakes the other day. It is of
course Bernard LENOIR and not Bernard BRESSLOIRE as I had written. But
there's no way I'll ever learn the name of that song, so it's POOPY POO from
now on.