No subject

Cynthia Someone csomeone at xxx.com
Thu Oct 8 17:16:59 BST 1998

I thought I wouldn't be sending to the list, being all scrivened out
(doesn't that sound like a squirrely, wiggly line), but last night I was
listening to this song last night and I thought I might appeal to the
Brazilians of the list and ask the following question: what are the
lyrics to O sonho acabou, by Gilberto Gil. Just got A temperada verao
(ao vivao na Bahia), 1974, and listening to it last Saturday, driving
through the Berkeley hills in the morning, just after getting all
stretched out and yummy from yoga class, oh what pleasure. (A little
taste of california life) The air was so clear, you could see all the
way out to the Golden Gate, and everything was crystal. David, my friend
was quiet all the way, a painter. I asked him how he was and said, "I'm
good. Just thinking about the day ... it's so beautiful out." So it was
a perfect day for the song, which has such joy and the audience
responding with all its heart, and Mr. Gilberto Gil can't contain
himself with all his chirps and yelps.
Also, even though it sounds like a good idea to try to make the list
less boring, I don't know how it could help things to tell people to be
more interesting or shut up. There's probably someone out there that
automatically deletes me, or Fluffy, or Mr. jake, or whoever.  That
which is entertaining to you may not be entertaining to others. There
are a lot of sensitive people on this list, I've noticed, and being told
how boring you are couldn't exactly make your day, and maybe not illicit
a more interesting response (I'll leave it up to you to decide what
interesting is). It may illicit no response and then maybe no one would
contribute to the list except people with their guards up and their
tails between their legs, trying to look cool instead of like
themselves. maybe I'm not understanding what you meant.In which case,
you can delete this message. But keep the saturday morning bit, there's
really no harm in it.
In peace
Cynthia