Sinister: Elliott Smith in Motown Last Nite.

BOYBOUTOWN at xxx.com BOYBOUTOWN at xxx.com
Fri Oct 9 16:13:59 BST 1998

 i was not really a huge elliott smith fan before the show, but i was quite
turned on to him tho when he played his set.my, a fantastic show. 450 tickets
presold, 550 sold at the door. it made for a nice sold out evening. i guess
elliott smith was buggered by the djing last nite and told him to stop playing
the buzzcocks and wedding present songs , which, if i had sold out the magic
stick, i would quit my bitching and be thankful. oh well. the man has paid his
dues. let us all be happy. (props tgiven for the kinks songs played b4 the
opening act, Quasi)

one question...grant it, it is elliott smith . he's been around for awhile. ok
, hes a pop genius. but, Where are all these people when it comes time to
LOCAL shows?
i know many of us just do not know many of our local bands.but dammit, people,
there is talent out there.

Re at dy Ste at dy Edd!e.