Sinister: Ruffled feathers.

kenny kenny at xxx.uk
Sat Oct 10 09:43:53 BST 1998

Well I seemed to have ruffled a few American feathers with comments that I
made late of an evening and the influence of alcohol. But hey shit happens.
No again just joking.

I thought that I would try and explain where my, and that of many other of
my compatriates, stereotypical view of Americans came from.

If I were you I would blame Ricki, Jerry, Ophra et all.
We vget these programmes sent over here and they seem to show those people
on stage as being (delete where applicable) fat, lazy, transvestites who go
out with strippers.

I understand that these are the extremes but hey, if you are continually
shown these images certain associations will eventually start to form.

And my mate in America says that lots of people in New Jersey, are fat, so
they must be.
That is my reasoning,
No offence intended again.
Jake

ps What is the American stereotype of us English. Is it all Hugh Grant,
posh accents.......
(No that is not a chance to email saying " we think you are all narrowed
minded xenophobes like you")