Sinister: slow-ish grafitti

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Sat Oct 10 18:32:44 BST 1998

Matt Hayes wrote:
> when i was in sweden, i saw this graffiti that read and i apologise if
> the spelling is wrong "kott ar mord" which translates exactly to meat is
> murder.

when i was younger and more foolish i sprayed 'meat is murder' on the
sidewalk by the railway station that i used to travel to and fro to
Glasgow from. (sorry about the structure of that sentence). Actually it
was me and the duchess, and apparantly i was a bit drunk. Later the
duchess and her mother walked past it and her mom said something like
'oooh, you'd have liked the person who did that!' Little did she know...
i think i used the same blue paint with which i sprayed a large dolphin
on the side of my art folio. it was the same dolphin from the sleeve of
the first orange Juice LP. Years later, someone called isobel sang a
song from that album at a show in Manchester. Isn't it wonderful how we
can make our stories connect?

even later i painted 'boredom or Fire Raisers, you can't have both' on a
beach shelter, and then years later someone else burnt it down. The
slogan was swiped from one that the Edinburgh group Fire Engines used to
use, and the lead singer from Fire Engines was Davey henderson. The
drunk Glasgow Central Station poet who supported B&S at the Union Chapel
made a reference to a Davey Henderson, although it remains unclear as to
whether it was the same person.

seb said some lovely things, and on top of it all clearly has a penchant
for using references to Mr Rowland in his subject lines. Top marks to
him... As for the mans career, erm, well he was at a Vic Godard show
recently, but goodness knows if he's actually being allowed to make
records again.

And seb, you are welcome to come and film me with your super 8 any time.

Miller man suggested i meant Ash Ra Temple, but in fact i did mean Hash
Jar Tempo, this being a collaboration between Bardo Pond and the sublime
Roy Montgomery. Not quite up to the Ash Ra level, but very fine
nevertheless. If you like extended guitary washy noodlings, as i indeed
do up to a point. I'm sure if Tim were here he'd be telling me i'm being
a fool and would entreat you all to ignore my recommendations on this
score. Such is life.

i can't think of anyting else to say really, so i'm off to watch John
Noakes. Possibly.

keep the faith,

the duke
--

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net