Sinister: You can stick Bob Geldof up your arse!

Funkyseb at xxx.com Funkyseb at xxx.com
Sat Oct 10 20:17:47 BST 1998

Hello kids,

What a long, tiring filthy city day that was. I spent the afternoon protesting
outside Capital Radio, but it wasn't cathartic. I thought after a good scream
I'd feel better, but I just feel trampled. I feel as if I've been shouting
against a hurricane. What's the fucking point, eh? Some people are on top,
others aren't. We're not put here to fight battles- just to contain the
losses.

Jake wrote: lots of opinions that made lots of people shout at him.

Well, that's probably all over, so I won't comment. But it does raise the
question; what do you americans do instead of going to the pub? I mean, you
have to be over 21 generally to buy booze, and even then, there aren't any
pubs as such...I can't comprehend a world without pubs. I don't think that
makes us brits (ugh! nasty word) steaming alkies. The pub is essential whether
you drink or not. It's a second home. It's comfy, and lovely, and a bit
knackered, but still home.Just think- It's pissing with rain, and you're
clutching your shopping, and you've just filled your boots with oily water,
and suddenly an old friend appears on the horizon- windows steamed up and lit
up brightly, sending woozy reflections spilling over the wet
pavement....magic.
      Mind you, you don't have pints either, do you? Or bitter? Pah! No wonder
so many americans appear on Ricki Lake- I think I'd be pretty fucked up too.

<< Also, do y'all think that the "State I Am In" from Tigermilk is kind of
weak
 compared to the rest of the album, especially considering how great it came
 out for the EP? >>

Wow! You're the first person I've *ever* heard say this. You're entirely
wrong, as it happens. :-)
The State I'm in, the Tigerrrrmilk version, is soft, tender, chiming, layered,
beautifully arranged, with guitars that make me curl into a ball everytime I
hear them. It's achingly beautiful. I can't think of anything as good as this
version of this song, ever.It is quite simply, the most beautiful song of all
time. (IMHFO)
The Dog on Wheels version sounds like a passionless dirge, with flat, naked
production. It sounds like it was performed in a workman like way by crappy
session musos..
Because it was.Save for the boy stuart, Belle and Sebastian were not in the
building on that occasion, as it says in the sleeve notes.
       Mind you, why am I posting this? I'm not going to change your mind, and
I don't much care if I do either. I couldn't give a fuck to be quite honest,
and I'm sure none of you could either.
Why am I still doing this?

seb