Sinister: Shall we go to the common swings? Wa-HEY!

Jessica Gockley jgockley at xxx.edu
Sat Oct 10 22:38:00 BST 1998

Fluffy Sarah said:
>Ahem. Would anyone think that some people on this list ever get a wee
>bit anal about B&S? I do!! I mean, I get anal about B&S, I only realized
>that when I made MediaStudiesChris a mix tape of Da Belles, and he was
>saying he liked Loneliness of a middle distance runner, and asked where
>it came from, I said, I don't knw, does it have Stuart, really quietly
>just at the end sayin 'guess thats another fade then' on it??

People mention this song "Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner" quite
frequently around these parts, and it makes me sad that i have no idea what
they're talking about. Actually, a lot of other song titles bounce around
here which are altogether unknown to me, too. So, um, i was wondering if i
could take this opportunity to see whether there is anyone on this list who
has songs not appearing on any of the 3 albums or EPs or the BBC sessions
who would be willing to make a tape for a lonely little American girl? The
terrible bit of it, though, is that i don't have a lot to offer in return,
other than my undying gratitude.

However, if there are any Americans (i don't mean to be exclusive, but i'm
too poor to afford overseas postage these days) on the list who are even
less fortunate than i and have not yet even heard Tigermilk or the BBC
sessions, i would be happy to tape those and pass them along to you. I know
i was too shy for a long time to ask the list if anyone could make me a
tape, so if you find yourself in a similar predicament, just ask me.

On a completely unrelated note, i bought a new fish a few weeks ago (my
goldfish, Astrophel and Stella, having survived my paltry efforts at
fish-maintenance for over a year now, gave me faith in my ability to care
for yet another fish). He is a gorgeous scarlet-red betta whose fins
suddenly turn transparent at the tips. It makes me smile to watch him. I
named him Sebastian.

Love,
Jess Foxinasnow

"You're always looking for a sign, but boy you blow it every time.
You hear a voice begin to speak; you ignore it and go softly to sleep"
- Belle & Sebastian

Jessica Gockley | Box 326 Eastern College | 1300 Eagle Road |
St Davids, PA 19087 | 610-225-5403