Sinister: "There's a werewolf in Birkenhead Park."

Gary Done gary at xxx.uk
Sun Oct 11 13:31:39 BST 1998

Midway through her attempt on the world tortoise frisking record the
Fluffyone wrote....

> >The
> >slogan was swiped from one that the Edinburgh group Fire Engines used to
> >use, and the lead singer from Fire Engines was Davey henderson. The
> >drunk Glasgow Central Station poet who supported B&S at the Union Chapel
> >made a reference to a Davey Henderson, although it remains unclear as to
> >whether it was the same person.
>
> Ahem. Would anyone think that some people on this list ever get a wee
> bit anal about B&S? I do!! I mean, I get anal about B&S, I only realized
> that when I made MediaStudiesChris a mix tape of Da Belles, and he was
> saying he liked Loneliness of a middle distance runner, and asked where
> it came from, I said, I don't knw, does it have Stuart, really quietly
> just at the end sayin 'guess thats another fade then' on it?? I then
> retreated out of my own arse....

Oh I think you can be forgiven for that. Being the low key sods that they
are and not having seen them live.... yet, I wouldn't know one member of B&S
from the next. So merely knowing what each individual member looks like
(oooh err) is anal to me. Before you all comment on it, yes I am ashamed
that i've not taken the time to see the band live yet, I have good excuses
though.

> I didn't know the Fire Engines were
> from Edinburgh!! Tim (ooh Tim how do I miss thee!) taped me a Fire
> Engines song, and it is very good indeed. Howevere I cannot find their
> records anywhere.

You can find a few in Hairys in Liverpool. In fact they used to have loads
of the postcard singles, but they'd had a move around last time I went in
and I can't find anything now.

> Then again, up untill I went to see Honey so we could
> slam dunk da funk (um, well 5IVE AREN'T A BAD THING!!! Their new single
> rocks and I don't care if you all laugh at me 'cos you're only internet
> people anyway who don't even care!!!) I had never seen any Jasmine Minks
> records and now one cannot move for the buggers. I think there was 3 in
> Skellies!

There's two at least, bloody pricey though.

> Sebbers then wrote:
>
> >lalalalalalala self
> >lalalalalalala shelf
> >lalalalalalala orange.
> >lalalalalalala oh. ......bollocks.
>
> lalalalalalalalalala FUCK!
> lalalalalalalalalala FUCK!
> lalalalalalalalalala FUCK!

lalala lalala lalala,
lalala lalala lalala,
lala lala lala la la laaaaaaaaa.

lalalalalalalalalalalala FUCK!

> He's a Hoot, He's in a Suit, Adrian Evans wrote :
>
> >Alternatively Stuart, you could go to your nearest HMV (stop spitting at
> >me you lot) and look in their sale boxes (if the sales still on), and
> >I'll think you'll find there are several northern-soul compilations for
> >about £5 each.
>
> *ahem*!! 1.99 I'll have you know....and they're CRAP!! If they are The
> Best of Northern Soul ones DO NOT GET!!! They are sheer wank! If that's
> Northern Soul, it's crap! Then again my experience of that luverly music
> has been, um, the club after the Leeds gig. Heh heh!! I MOSH in Preston
> 'cha!!!!

Soul Survivors looks good, i've been after it for donkeys, but there's
always something more important to get. Oh well, I suppose the one you got
had to be 1.99 for a reason.

Jess foxinthesnow wrote....

> Fluffy Sarah said:
> >Ahem. Would anyone think that some people on this list ever get a wee
> >bit anal about B&S? I do!! I mean, I get anal about B&S, I only realized
> >that when I made MediaStudiesChris a mix tape of Da Belles, and he was
> >saying he liked Loneliness of a middle distance runner, and asked where
> >it came from, I said, I don't knw, does it have Stuart, really quietly
> >just at the end sayin 'guess thats another fade then' on it??
>
> People mention this song "Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner" quite
> frequently around these parts, and it makes me sad that i have no idea
what
> they're talking about.

It's my fave B&S song by a country mile, it's fantastic and why the hell has
it not been released yet, it's a crime. In days when boy/girl bands dominate
our phoney chart, LOTMDR could come along and crush the teenybopping little
bastards to hell. Anyone fancy starting a campaign to have it released......
well it worked for Deirdre Rachid didn't it ?.

byyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gary