Sinister: Loneliness

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Sun Oct 11 15:50:01 BST 1998

from what i recall, Mr Murdoch dedicated the song in Nottingham to mr
Sillitoe, and added that the man himself had once worked in a jam
factory which was housed in what later became the Marcus Garvey Center.
I have this horrible feeling that they chose the venue because of this
connection, although that may be a somewhat unfair suggestion to make.

as for it's non-release, well the word is that the reason for this is
that they have been unable to get a decent quality recording done. this
seems a shame because all the mixes i have heard sound nothing short of
magic. Stuart suggested last year that it may have cropped up on the
Modern Rock Song EP, but that too became another blurry myth in its
time. And yes, it is still perhaps my all time favourite B&S song. Gets
me every time... We tried figuring the lyrics once upon a time too,
didn't we kids? Check the archives if you'd like to know what we came up
with.

keep the faith,

the duke

--

'all of our dreams are dying of overdoses'

Tangents On-Line http://www.virtual-pc.com/tangent/
PO Box 102, Exeter, EX2 4YL, UK
tangent at lineone.net