Sinister: I met one of the girls out of Tight Fit!

Kevan Cooke fatslug at xxx.com
Mon Oct 12 11:59:11 BST 1998

As promised, here is the story of how I met one of the
girls in Tight Fit.  This message is B&S content free, so
feel free to delete it now if you were hoping for
something more relevant.

For those of you who are lucky enough to have
missed the Tight Fit phenomenon, they were one of
the finest examples of manufactured pop bands, and
had a number one hit in the UK in 1981.

Basically someone said to themselves "Lets get a
body builder type bloke, oil his torso up a bit, stick
a scantily clad young female either side of him, and
we'll have a hit on our hands, even if they record
a dodgy version of some shit old song like The Lion
Sleeps Tonight."

And so Tight Fit wimohwehed their way to the top of
the charts, had a less succesful follow up single with
Fantasy Island and disappeared without trace...

Luckily I have this ink polaroid of the moment when
I met the girl out of Tight Fit, otherwise you might not
have believed me:

That's me, the slug in the background.  Not as fat
then was I? The other guy is my flatmate, he's just got
a job DJing for a local radio station using my record
collection.  You see that ordinary looking housewifey
woman, the one with the pushchair, she used to be in
Tight Fit.

She looks bored because she's been hanging around
in this empty entrance hall for about two hours waiting
for her husband, I think he owns the radio station.
You see those red letters on the wall at the edge of
the picture?  You can't see it all, but the sign says
Cheshire Choice FM.

I've just finished my weekly film review where I get to
slag off all the films that the local cinema has let me
see for free, and I think you can tell that I've got a
hangover if you look closely.

Next week: Alex Higgins called me a c*nt

Kevan
The Fat Slug