Sinister: we are the world, we are the children

Barry Newton barry at xxx.com
Mon Oct 12 14:39:13 BST 1998

michele wrote:

> Someone recently said to me that going after heavy people is the
> last acceptable prejudice -- I had never looked at it, but you
> know, I see it's true now

The last acceptable prejudice is actually racism towards the English
(*not* British, we all know through Hollywood that every Irish,
Scots, and Welsh person is an angel personified), as witnessed in
every American film from the last 15 years portraying the
English as criminals, perverts, scum, and brainless toffs.

And I do mean *every* fucking American film.

> And hey, I promise not to think the UK is peopled with shallow
> idiots who drink too much,

Leave out the shallow bit, and this is true!  At least, it is for
me and the other pub-lovers on the list.

Anyone fancy a pint?

barry.