Sinister: Irrelevant, boring message

Stephane Buron sburon at xxx.fr
Mon Oct 12 13:43:31 BST 1998

Hi list!

Paul Field wrote:
> How about literary characters? Mine's Verity
> from Ian Banks' 'The Crow Road'.

At last!!! I may be wrong but it seems to be the first time I see Iain
Banks mentionned on this list. And yet , I find his books are sooo Belle
and Sebastianesque : remember "Whit" and "The Crow Road". When I read
his books, I couldnt help thinking there must be kind of connection
between the characters and Isobel or Stuart or other members of the
band. I know, it sounds ridiculous, but well, the stories always (?)
take place in Scotland, with lonely kids asking questions about love and
religion and boredom and society and many other things ... I dont know
what you think about Iain Banks. The only thing I know is he's totally
unknown in France : no translation, nothing about him.

As this list must *also* deal with feelings and emotions, I just feel
like telling a wee story about me. I've just moved in a new flat, near a
school in Paris.  And my day is punctuated with playground noises : at
ten, the children go out from their classrooms and play. I can't see
them. I can only hear them play, shout, laugh and cry... It's exactly
like the beginning of "If You're Feeling Sinister". At 10.30, a bell
rings and everything goes silent again... I love this noise. Actually,
it's not a noise. It's music.

Take care

Stephane
--
Visitez le Tweeclub sur http://www.chez.com/tweeclub

"I had a job in an office once, I never talked to anyone..."
Belle and Sebastian, Pocketbook Angel