Sinister: Meanies/Athens meet-up

Reid Dossinger reid.dossinger at xxx.com
Mon Oct 12 15:30:37 BST 1998

Hello, dear children.  Gather 'round and let me ask you a favor.

Knock it off.  You know what I'm talking about.  I've seen an otherwise
good  mailing list (the Pulp list) completely ruined by insults.  Now, I
can forgive ol' "Kenny" for being a little too sarcastic, but I'm having
a hard time forgiving the people who feel the need to write in and say,
"Well, *I* knew he was joking, and only an idiot wouldn't."  There's no
reason why those of us who didn't think he was joking should have
thought otherwise.  Besides, insulting jokes are still insulting.
Just...give the benefit of the doubt and let it go.  And if I could ask
that if you feel the need to say something that's potentially insulting
to a large group of people, whether it's a joke or not, just keep it to
yourself, please.

In other news entirely, anyone who is going to the Athens show from far
out of town and is looking for a great resourse of things to do and bars
and restaurants, etc., direct your browser to http://www.flagpole.com
and go to the Athens City guide.  It's got pretty much everything.

And I'm thinking of the Engine Room (bar next door to the 40 Watt) for
an after-show meet-up (and maybe a pre-show, too?).  Anyone have any
thoughts on this?  Too many underage attendees?  Someone from Athens not
like the Engine Room?  If you're interested in a meet-up, check the
meet-up board on the jeepster site.  The Athens one has more posts than
any other.  Yeah, South!

~Reid