Sinister:we are the world, we are the children

Mick McMick bp224996 at xxx.edu
Mon Oct 12 16:13:34 BST 1998

aaron tieger wrote:
> A few months back I went to see a very good show by
> Dwight Diller (completely un-B&S like West Virginian
> banjo-playing preacher man) and he was talking about
> how in America it's the South that's the last
> acceptable prejudice, and in the South it's West
> Virginia and Arkansas which are the last acceptable
> prejudices. He then followed it up with two very
> funny jokes about Arkansas.

	...and the last acceptable prejudices in West Virginia are towards
anyone who's not white, straight, christian, and anyone who dresses
differently. Trust me, I grew up there. I can feel no pity towards those
who feel it is slighted. I used to go to all-ages punk rock shows when I
was younger, and the town where the best venue was closed it down
because people in the town didn't like that element walking the streets.
	B&S content: There's a picture of a baby holding TWATTYBUS and smiling
on the Matador news page. Check it out.

 /"\_/"\_/"\   Mick McMick - bp224995 at oak.cats.ohiou.edu - ICQ#5056758
 \         /   Sandcastle Records - (same e-mail for now)