Sinister: hmmm, now where's that delete button again?

david kitchen shop at xxx.uk
Mon Oct 12 13:54:10 BST 1998

i've just managed a marathon deleting exercise and can proudly report that over
200 sinister messages have just bit the dust on the inside of my trash folder ,is
anyone else having to do this? - purely rhetorical, don't mail the list an answer
any time you see a dead-end question in a mail :)

anyway, in the light of, oh i don't know how many new people continually finding
their way into the sinister nether regions only to be found later sobbing "so
please, can i have a copy of tigermilk/ what other releases have they had/ what's
that hidden track on the end of the 369 cd?", i though i should be the caring
humanitarian and try to ease all our ears (eyes?).

everything you're ever likely to ask has probably already been asked before and
the answer lies in FAQ's, archives and sites. all set up by people who care.

firstly there is the sinister webs site, it holds all the stuff to do with this
mailing list and if you haven't been there ever, why not?
you can find a list FAQ, the archive of everything ever said, guitar chords and
photo's of list members, the url is http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/

secondly there is the jeepster domain. it houses the fan club/record label site
with major help from the old tweenet resource.
it has another FAQ, all the official news and tour dates, meet-up details, lyrics,
interviews/press and stuff, sound files, postcard thingy, poetry, ink polaroids,
chat software and instructions, etc. you can find this at
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/

from both of those you'll find links to other sites, the more comprehensive list
being on the sinister site.

but the point being? well, there's a lot of waffle and spite on the list at the
moment, and there's no need for it. and when it comes down to it paul is going to
get better only to come back and find this place unrecognisable and full of minor
squabbles, do you really think he wants to come back to that considering al the
work he has to put in to maintain it? paul is in a unique position, and as much as
he loves doing what he does, do you think he would continue if it wasn't so much
fun?? think about it.

if i'm wrong you can say so - privately. it only requires replying to me and not
the list you know.

david kitchen

PS: bound to get more mail now to help bulge my ever increasing inbox, it's a
cheap shot but it's the only way people ever mail me ;)
(note the sarcasm in that last line)
     david kitchen : merchandising and websites : jeepster records

                         http://www.jeepster.co.uk/
                http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/

                       mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

       with the words 'subscribe news' in the body of the message
     there is no need to subscribe if you are on the 'sinister' list