Sinister: how does it feel to feel?

baggy trousers rmckay at xxx.edu
Mon Oct 12 16:23:08 BST 1998

> ---duke of harringay <tangent at lineone.net> wrote:
> >
> > it seems to me that people have forgotten something recently, and that
> > is, well, just how listening to Belle & Sebastian can make you FEEl.

i let my friend borrow my copies of sinister and tbwtas so she could hear
who i am driving a long distance to see...she finally listened to tbwtas
and said first of allthat she couldnt see me listening to them...but then
could because she could see some similarites with the smiths...
she had laughed at me when i had a hard time desribing their sound at
first so after she had given b&s a go i decided to ask her how SHE would
descibe them and all she couldcome up with is "children running in a field
in the 1970's" ok..i'll have to take her word for it because i was barely
old enough to remember the 70's myself..i turned a whopping 4 by the time
1980 rolled about.....

roberta