No subject

Cynthia Someone csomeone at xxx.com
Mon Oct 12 17:40:41 BST 1998

Not much here, except that I slipped into Mod Lang last Saturday to find
out what's cooking and while chatting it up with the guy at the counter
found a slew of TBWTAS album sleevy picture things and most of them have
tape or may be a bit trampled, but anyway i got one, and now it's on my
wall next to the Buddha. isobel side up. They have more,and they're
really nice and will probably give you one.
other things on my wall: a picture from one of Blakes books, a postcard
of a havana stevedore, a really bad watrecolor I did when I thought i
was an artist of a circular rainbow, a japanese style crane painting
because of my crane dream, a couple of pictures of me that my friend
drew that sort of disturb me, but I don't know what else to do with
them... they belong under the bed, where they will remain until I'm
really old.
i've never read any of Iain Banks but he sounds like something I'd be
really into. Richard Brautigan's In watermelon sugar was written by a
beat who killed himself, about this man with a gentle life.  And
everyday there is a different colored sun, and for each color there is a
different color of watermelon. For example, I think Wedenesdays are
black soundless days and watermelon seeds planted that day will grow
black soundless watermelons. There are also tigers that talk, that
helped him with his math while they ate his parents.
Cynthia