Sinister: NYC Meet-Up Nov. 1

Schaffenberger kschaffe at xxx.edu
Tue Oct 13 03:33:28 BST 1998

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998 Mphintz at aol.com wrote:

> The NYC shows are coming closer and closer, much to everyone's delight.  We
> have planned a meet-up before the show so we can place faces to email
> addresses and meet new people.
>
> Please join us at Bryant Park, behind the New York City Public Library, at 6
> pm. on November 1.  The Supper Club is just a few blocks away from the park.

  Should we all wear some sort of name badges or gold stars or fluffy
bunny stickers to differentiate the Sinisters from the non-Sinisters at
the show?  I will be flying into NYC on the afternoon of the show, where
I will be met by my LIST CRUSH!  (Perhaps some of you remember that my
list crush and I finally met in person in NYC this summer, he being from
Pennsylvania and I from Texas.  Things went smashingly well, as though
we were meant to be together, etc. etc.  This will be our second Stuart
David and Karn-esque meet-up.  If any of you are music journalists, I
think this is a damn good hook for the fanatic nature of Belle and Seb
fans and, consequently, a review of the show.  We did, after all, make
a pact to see B&S whenever and wherever they played on US soil...  It's
almost unbelievable and ridiculous, yes?)  In any case, Hans, my list crush,
(who, incidentally, isn't even on the list anymore) and I
plan to attend the show, but we are uncertain as to whether we will
attend the pre-concert meet-up.  Still, I'd like to meet as many of you
as humanly possible at the Supper Club.  I will be wearing a blue and
white snowflaked cardigan (yes, I've thought about this show so much, I
even know what I'm wearing...).  I'll be the tallish girl with the chin
length blonde hair.  I'll be with the easy-to-spot 6'4" blonde fellow
who looks a little like me.  We'll be (hypothetically, unless something
goes terribly wrong) grinning deleriously at one another, looking quite
pathetic but cute...

  Ummm... so yeah, how should Sinisterines distinguish themselves at the
show??

  My signature, below, certifies that I have thought about this post,
its content, etc. before sending it.  I think my story is darn good.

  XOXO,
  Kristen