Sinister: The State to come all over

Stephane Buron sburon at xxx.fr
Tue Oct 13 08:39:34 BST 1998

Nick Dastoor wrote about the recent session on the french radio :
> 2. Was this 'session' really a very long session, or was it just a
> recording of the Paris concert?  If it was the concert, can everyone
> stop calling it a session (including evil Lenoir) as it's confusing my
> tiny mind.

This was a *real* radio session : broadcast live, 1 hour or so... The
only difference with BBC sessions is the audience : when you're lucky
enough to get an invitation, you can go and see the session at "La
Maison de la Radio", in Paris : there are about 200 people sitting
quietly in comfortable blue armchairs during the broadcast. If you
search the archives, you'll find the set list I posted a few days ago on
the list :-)))
The gig in Paris was the day after the session at La Cigale, a very
crowdy venue where we stood (except the lazy David and Katrina, who
preferred sitting upstairs!!). Different setlist, different audience,
different state of mind, different atmosphere, everything was
different...
That's why we could see Belle and Sebastian twice in Paris... Lovely,
isnt it???

That's it, take care

Stephane

PS : Sorry but I have to ask two private questions : Niall, are you back
on the list? Nik (not you, Nick, the other, you remember, in Leeds?),
have you received my messages?
--
Visitez le Tweeclub sur http://www.chez.com/tweeclub

"I had a job in an office once, I never talked to anyone..."
Belle and Sebastian, Pocketbook Angel