Sinister: It's another love P.O.P.

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 13 11:05:51 BST 1998

>PPS: Does anybody know anything about Andy Gibb? I know he's dead, but
>that's all. Poor Keith must be working very hard on his Twisted Wheel
book,
>because he has so far failed to point out that I had a Teddy Pendergrass
>song all along, courtesy of Keith. "Love TKO" it's called, how very
Keith!.
>I like Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes, that song's a Procter and Gamble
>production, isn't it?

Oh yes, Teddy Pendergrass, Love TKO, what a class track, he rules on that
one, it's ace. Whilst on the subject of Teddy Pendergrass, it reminded me
of what Tag said about how Limahl used to be shacked up with the only other
world's leading authority on popular music (the other being the Duke), Paul
Gambaccini. Can anyone confirm this? I was pleased to have the Captain
Birdseye's a woman myth blown out of the water, although admittedly I've
been thinking about that, and I'm now convinced that the old Captain
Birdseye, was in fact a sheep!

	I've got a cracking selection of albums with me at work today,
Stormbringer, by John and Beaverly Martin - as recommender by the lists
very own Martin Coneeeeely, although I don't know if he's still on the
list, Blaxploitation 1,  A Grand Love Story, by Kid Loco - featuring a
cracking Captain Beefheart sample from the great "Further than we've gone",
goes down in my book as the most odd sample source I've ever heard. The
Three EP's by the Beta Band, which is miles miles better than 4 Big
Speakers, by Whale, showing once and for all, that 3 is a better number
than 4. It's a magic number after all. I got the best of the Orb - U.F.Off,
which is top too, and contains numerous ace mixes that I haven't heard
before, like for example, the OOBE (Pool Mix), which in a charming ambient
manner contains nothing but the sound of pool balls being knocked into
pockets.

	It's all getting a bit hairy on the list of late, and as Reid wisely and
funnily pointed out, Insults are insulting, which is very true, so lets
just pack it up now shall we, I'm a lover not a fighter, so let's all just
make up our differences and have a pop concert instead. Which brings me on
to - the next big list get together. We've fucked all the plans over
properly and decided just to have a big party in Glasgow - over New Year.
In fact, it'll probably be a New Year party, followed by a subsequent party
the night after - which is a Saturday, albeit probably a quiet Saturday. So
chaps, it's Glasgow at New Year, be there or be somewhere else. We'll work
out an actual venue in a bit, but that's really irrelevant, we're all
hoping to have a real weekender job at Butlins sometime next year, and if
that happens, hopefully we'll get the news out in plenty of time.

	I've been wondering of late what the update on the Duke's book is -
Mr.Fitchett - do we have the word on this? When's it coming out? I think
you should change the title to "Young and Foolish (but right)". I'm looking
forward to reading it.

	I miss young Timothy H!O!P!kins. Can't he just go and buy a computer and
get an internet account at home?

Cheers,
  Keith.