Sinister: Sticking up for Dog on Wheels

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Tue Oct 13 11:47:10 BST 1998

Sorry?

Dog on Wheels is Mark Kolmar's least favourite release??

Madness!

The title track is the most lovelorn and poignant song ever, regardless
of who played on it (does that make it more worthless in anyone's
eyes?), and it's also got String Bean Jean and Belle and Sebastian on
it!! I agree that B&S isn't their most sophisticated moment, but I bet
you that for most of the list it holds a special place in their hearts.
And String Bean Jean - my god, that song rocks my proverbial; apart from
Le Pastie, which rescues the relatively disappointing 3,6,9...EP, it's
the song I most look forward to hearing in the  world at the moment.

The State I'm in demo is a bit unnecessary and poor, in my opinion, but
it's a nice curio to have, I suppose.

Anyone who hasn't voted for their fave tunes, by the way, should do so
at the booth the B&S site on Jeepster. Especially if you like Chick
Factor, which is languishing, embarrassedly, beneath Hurley's having
dreams...

So there you go. A totally B&S posting for a change.

Kisses,
Markx

p.s. Todd, I'm looking forward to the dancing girls. You've promised
now, so no backing out...Are they fellow listees too?