Sinister: the boy with the bearded yak

rob b rewb2 at xxx.uk
Tue Oct 13 15:34:55 BST 1998

   Hello all!

it's been a long time since i last posted, at least a couple of months or
so.  since then there has been much going on in the world of belle and
sebastian - i won't give my opinion on each little detail because that
will bore everyone.  just to say that the new album is, as expected,
simply gorgeous.  favourite track?...  ooh, most of them.

we bought it in florence this summer, during a month long trip around
europe - one thing that's puzzling me though.. it doesn't seem to start
quite right; it's as if stuart starts mid-sentence, with 'stroke at the
age of 24', no sign of 'he had a...'.  is that the same with everyone's
cd, or just the virgin europe released ones?

i was in my local record market the other day, and guess what i stumbled
across?  Yes, a copy of Tigermilk!  BUT, it was on CD!  at £14.00 - i
thought "hmmm..." and went up to the stall-owner and asked him about it.
he said something along the lines of "oh yeah, we had a stack load of them
in - that's the last copy, they've been going like hot cakes."
the cover wasn't quite like the original - it had 4 pictures of the
original record sleeve in multicolour, and there were bonus tracks after
the album, which were the 2 radcliffe / lamarr sessions.  i remember
someone else mentioning something like this - how widespread is it?  'cos
as the band get bigger, people pay more attention to them, giving an ideal
market for illegal copies... but you know all this already.  i just hope
it gets its proper release soon.

what i found quite amusing as well, was that on the actual cd itself, it
said something about rights to the producers and that you shouldn't copy,
lend, broadcast, or in any way infringe the copyright laws.  seems a touch
hypocritical to me!

anyway, onto happier things.  the salako gig!  wow, i hope to be there if
it's at all possible.

anyway, i won't clog up your inboxes with any more meaningless drivel, so
shall leave you in peace and get back to work!

byebye
rob x

  	            +
	           / \ 		St Theresa's calling her
	          | O |		The church up on the hill
	   _______| _ |         Is looking lovely
	  / /  /\ | __|    \/.	But it doesn't interest
	 /_/\_//_/||##|   ;\|/' The only thing she wants to know
       __|_||_|||_||##|_____|_	Is how and why and when and where to go

   If you're feeling sinister...
	Belle and Sebastian