Sinister: brown cheese, brown cheese

sad tomato oxygen at xxx.edu
Wed Oct 14 00:59:14 BST 1998

oh hello.
you all dont know me.
my name is robin, and i am a young girl who currently resides in berkeley,
california, usa, and who plans on getting out of here as soon as i finish my
degree.
i know you all have stopped discussing the merits of various cheeses, but in
reply to a man (?) who calls himself (herself?) "Trousers" i shall have to
laud the norwegian brown cheese.

>FOR THE LOVES OF CHEESES
>
>I read with interest the debate about Scandinavian cheese. While I have no
>reason to doubt McTaggart's recommendations, I would like to warn you away
>from Norwegian Brown Cheese, which has a consistency midway between peanut
>butter and putty.

if i am right i believe you are talking about gjetost cheese, a cheese my
boyfriend has the utmost trouble in pronouncing.  but he also can't pronouce
"autechre" correctly.  look at us dumb americans! (that's self-deprecating
humor and applies only to myself and my boyfriend, and not to various
sensitive listers.)  this cheese is amazing because it an orangey-brown
colour and feels like clay in one's mouth.  it has a lovely, sweet, buttery
taste, also.  if any of you feel so inclined to drop acid, gjetost cheese
and a big long hunk of sweet bread is a nice accompaniment to your
hallucinations.

who would have thought my first post would be about cheese.

also, i really enjoy reading the heated arguments about new jerseyites and
sussexites and who's sense of humor is right, and everything.  not that i
would enjoy reading it every day, but thank you for making my life a half
percentage more interesting.

does anyone else place sid meier's civilization?  does anyone else name
their cities in this game after belle and sebastian songs?

ignore me if you want to,
robin.

Blood oranges grow well in Florida, but they frighten American women.