Sinister: B&S get drunk or something

Erin Lewis erinlew at xxx.com
Wed Oct 14 02:23:05 BST 1998

Hey kids,
     Someone (Peej?) said we ought to have a European tour diary from
Mr. Murdoch by now, but seeing as we don't, I have a paltry substitute
for you.  I was perusing the Candle Records webpage, home of the
Lucksmiths, and I found this Guestbook entry at the very top (I have
left his typos intact):
-----
On 14-Oct-98
Geoffrey (geoffrey_murry at hotmail.com)
from Munich, Germany wrote:

I had the (surprise) pleasure of seeing the Lucksmiths open up for Belle
and Sebastian at the Praterinsel here in Munich.  They were excellent,
although I'm sure the vast majority of the audience did not 'catch' the
witicisms in their songs and also in their onstage comments
(Oksoberfest, ha!).  My colleague -- drug along by me at the last minute
after I was flaked on by my original date -- loved the band as well,
much to my surprise, as I had him pegged as only liking music with 200
beats pet minute at least.  I would hasten to add that the Lucksmiths
had their shit together to a far geater extent than the disappointing
Belle and Sebastian, who all seemed to be drunk or something on stage.
Too bad.  Noentheless, loved the show, hope that they had a great time
in my native San Francisco, and look forward to hearing much, much more
from them in the future.  Later!
-----

     I am a Belle&Sebby live virgin, so I cannot account for a case of
the drunk-or-somethings, but I do know the Lucksmiths are a wonderfully
sweet and entertaining band, especially with all their clothes on.
Marty Lucksmith's songs make me so homesick for Australia that I should
probably send him a bill for my inevitable plane ticket.  So listen to
Uncle Trousers and go see them, please!  And listen to your Uncle
Geoffrey, who tells you they have their shit together (fnar fnar).  You
will thank me, even if you do not get their North Fitzroy humor.  I
expect a full report by Sunday afternoon.

Love, love, love, love Miss Erin, who is one HAPPY bunny since Honey
came back