Sinister: i've been lurking at you baby...

padraic doorey padraic_fresheire at xxx.com
Wed Oct 14 13:25:54 BST 1998

golly gee,

i haven't been here in a while.  lots of stuff to comment on.

yesterday a rather nasty hoo-hah occurred on the list.  gawsh, peace
and love everyone.  'kay?  enough.

genny-pooh said:
"ah,it's the irish who are the coolest anyways."
-never a truer word has passed the lips of a sinister listee
dawhlings.

mark casarotto said:
"alan wiley....tape.....anyone know who he is"
-okay mark pls don't crucify me for not getting your wording right but
i know who alan wiley is....he's *fabu*.  he's trying to get a deal
here at the moment since he released "soundtrack" on his own short
round records in the states.  you can check out some more of his stuff
on http://homorama.planetout.com/~alan/bands.html and maybe even buy a
copy if you are impressed by the real audio and other things that i
don't know how to use on my crappy p.c.  it's pretty impressive
stuff...sorta like
slowdiveMEETSneworderMEETSthe-quiter-moments-of-joydivsion

katrina house said something about the lucksmiths playing on
friday....by all accounts these guys are great live.  i took the
plunge and bought two of their cds online a month or two ago and both
atre AMAZING.  if those guys sing "little athletics" and "under the
rotunda" on friday i will end this shite week a happier man.

'twas awful that trent didn't feature too much in last sunday's daria
episode (save for a brief fantasy sequence where he was playing darcy
in pride and prejudice).  damn.  but over on channel four john boy
walton was out covering the explosion of the hindenberg and looking
hotter by the minute (no pun intended).

belle & sebastian content?  countdown to new york begins today....i
week 'til i get there and only nine days 'til the philly show.  to the
listees who are organising the pre-philly party can i ask if anything
has been organised (club or something) for afterwards?

and does anyone in the NY area know of a cheap car rental joint that
will give me one of those minivans or off-roaders so my san
fran/london/boston possee can drive down for the show on friday?  i
just turned 24 and i'm the eldest in the group je crois.  not unless
you are an over 25 driver rory, are you?  the vehicle need to fit 8 of
us (but we're all so weeee!).

lady penelope