Sinister: Count Dukula

Mctaggart, Robert MctaggartR at xxx.com
Wed Oct 14 12:08:50 BST 1998

Come, let us talk of Boston.....

Rodders wrote:
>Miss you loads (as I'm sure you can understand), but I have a wee
>problem.

We've missed you too, Rod.   I mean that.  Sorry to hear about your
problem.  Have you read "The Water Method Man" by John Irving?  That
might offer you some tips on how to deal with these uncomfortable
infections.

Keef "Back by dope demand" Watson wrote:

>Tag said about how Limahl used to be shacked up with the only other
>world's leading authority on popular music (the other being the >Duke),
Paul Gambaccini. Can anyone confirm this?

Are you calling me a liar, Watson?  Of course it's bloody true - just
like the fact that Jimmy Corkhill was shagging Fred the weather man is
true.  You've got a nerve, pal, you don't talk to us for weeks, and you
ponce back as if nothing ever happened, and immediately start throwing
your weight around, casting aspersions about my honesty.  Paul
Gambaccini had a great jingle (Limahl obviously thought so), it had
saucy girlie voices going "Paaauuul Gamba-cheeeeenneeee" in husky tones.

Keith also admitted:

>We've fucked all the plans over properly and decided just to have a
>big party in Glasgow - over New Year.

Sadly, it's true.  We may return to the idea at a later date, but people
kept saying "oh, not this weekend, not that weekend, etc etc...", so
rather than disappoint one or two people, we decided just to piss you
the lot of you off.  However, in my defence, can I just remind
you...Smile, me DJing with glorious unprofessionalism and considerable
taste, this Saturday, Star and Garter, Fairfield Street, Manchester,
Entry two of your British pounds.  And there may even be other goings on
nearer Christmas if the Dandy Don, Emma (the Danette??) and myself get
our act together.

Stephen "back demanding dope" Trousers wrote:

>Megan was going on about some song about Julie Christie. There
>are a couple of others: firstly it is widely thought that the "Terry
>and Julie" in Waterloo Sunset are Terence Stamp and Julie Christie,
>who were starring in some Polanski version of Thomas Hardy at the
>time.

Barry Norman's job (and mine for that matter) is safe for the time
being.  Trousers, what are you wittering on about?  Our Roman's Thomas
Hardy interpretation "Tess" came out ages after "Waterloo Sunset" and
starred Nastassja "Ich habe ein brand neu Combine Harvester, ja?"
Kinski.  She was my third ever crush after Nyree-Dawn Porter in "The
Protectors", and Nadia Comenecci.  Are you thinking of "Far from the
Madding Crowd"?  Directed, if memory serves me correctly, by John
Schlesinger?  Julie was in that.  Julie rules.  Her character in "Billy
Liar" was everything I look for in a girl, and have subsequently found.

Finally, the Dandy may have already mentioned this, but someone we know
claims that she recognised the Duke, and asked "Didn't he used to be a
Goth?"  Can it really be true that the Duke of Haringay is no other
than.....The Prince of Darkness?

And on that blood-curdling note, I leave you,

Love Tag xxxxx