Sinister: B&S get drunk or something

Peter Hahndorf pete at xxx.net
Wed Oct 14 18:34:37 BST 1998

>On 14-Oct-98
>Geoffrey (geoffrey_murry at hotmail.com)
>from Munich, Germany wrote:
>
>  I would hasten to add that the Lucksmiths
>had their shit together to a far geater extent than the disappointing
>Belle and Sebastian, who all seemed to be drunk or something on stage.
>Too bad.  Noentheless, loved the show, hope that they had a great time
>in my native San Francisco, and look forward to hearing much, much more
>from them in the future.  Later!

I was probably the only person being there to see The Lucksmiths with
the added bonus of Belle & Sebastian.

I am pretty sure nobody in Belle & Sebastian was drunk in Munich but
still their show was disappointing, compared to the previous times I
saw them (Barcelona 9/1997, Stockholm 9/1998) It's hard to say so but
they were not worth the 8 hours drive, but I agree with Geoffrey that
The Lucksmiths were excellent and much better than B&S that evening.

The audience was full of people who had read about B&S in some of
Germany's major newspapers or magazines but never heard their records
instead of die-hard fans as in Stockholm the week before. The good
thing was that they played a completely different set of songs
compared to Stockholm.

Pete
--
TweeNet Communications c/o Peter Hahndorf
Pastorenweg 140, 28237 Bremen, Germany, tel: +49 421 613990
http://www.twee.net - pete at twee.net