Sinister: justify the reason behind your style

Blissxo at xxx.com Blissxo at xxx.com
Wed Oct 14 19:29:07 BST 1998

hello all,
i've been a bit of a stranger lately, not really up on my emails as school is
monopolizing my time, but i guess it wouldn't hurt if i posted something
since, after all, i *am* helping allan sort out the toronto meet (october 24,
send email if you'd like to join because we all love you, really).

it's so cold here, very gloomy and rainy and not at all a good day to be
outside. i got soaked coming in and now have a deep chill that isn't going
away. i've bundled myself up in blankets and turned  the heater on, and i'm
brewing some chai tea as i write, putting off my homework as usual because i'm
not in the mood to do any sort of constructive thinking about either
intercountry adoptions or stages of family development. sounds thrilling, yes?

a word about cheese: this thread got me all excited about cheese, i hadn't had
any really good ricotta or mozzarella for ages (which could have something to
do with my total lactose intolerance, but i digress...) so i went to the
market today and got some good looking three-cheese tortellini and was
subsequently very sick. i'm all better now, thank you, but i just figured i
should inform you that you all have some very persuasive and tantalizing
descriptions of cheese dishes, able to sway even stubborn and intolerant me.

all of a sudden, there are all these good shows happening! belle and
sebastian, rachel's, cat power...and i missed fantastic plastic machine, who i
had heard were superb. it's not good, though, me having to spend all this
money on shows and book all these nights off work.

i'm slowly getting up the courage to begin making a b+s tape for my crushboy,
which i've been meaning to do for quite some time now but have been a little
scared of. not that he would automatically know it was a crushtape, i'm also
trying to talk him into going to the b+s show - i'll make a convert out of him
yet. i hope. and if not, he'll still be positively lovely to look at. no harm
in trying, i say.

take care, sinisterines. don't be swayed by popular opinion and eat things you
have bad reactions to.

truly,
jessicaxo