Sinister: Only 72 days until Christmas...

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Wed Oct 14 20:08:42 BST 1998

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998, Tara Widmer wrote:

> <<ever since someone mentioned that "me and the midget" thing every time
> i listen to it i can't help but sing along as if it really was "midget"
> and not "major.">>
> ...likewise, "it's not fun to watch Ross Perot", thank you to whoever
> sent in that gem. What were the real lyrics again?

No, she's blatantly singing "It's not fun to watch the rice grow".
Although I've no idea why... (Maybe the band are just obsessed with India,
on Seymour Stein, Stevie sings about "Have you ever seen Gandhi?", or so
I'm told...)

Now, call me a sad bastard (Go on, you know you want to), but Keith missed
a few things off that FAQ. Stuart M played on a B-Side of an early Hefner
single (The Hefner Soul EP), and I'm pretty sure Isobel has done something
with V-Twin as well (she was definitely in the photo of the band that
appeared in the NME a while back).And a couple of other unreleased songs
are out there - Slow Grafffittti, which will be on the soundtrack of "The
Acid House" later this year, and an instrumental called Tigermilk which
they played in Manchester. I haven't got a copy of it unfortunately, but I
remember it being very good. And of course there's Paper Boat, which will
probably be the next single. (Are there really only going to be 3 songs on
it?). As for what instrument they all play, well they seem to take it in
turns, just for a laugh like. Isobel for example has been known to play
cello, bass guitar, tambourine, recorder, keyboards...

Right, that's enough anal retention for now. Time to head off to the
cinema to meet a, erm, good aquaintance ;-) (And no, unfortunately it's
not the dream girl I was going on about last week but you can't have
everything...)

Big Stu