Sinister: record-o-thon

Jake Reichert ajax at xxx.com
Thu Oct 15 02:42:01 BST 1998

Has anyone ever sat down and tried to listen to all the cd's/7's/whatever
by a favorite band of theirs all at once? (I'm sure there are more than a
few people on the list who have tried this with B&S...)  I guess with B&S
it would be fairly easy, what with the total amount of music coming in at
(I'm guessing) around 2-1/2 to 3 hours?  Kind of gives you an interesting
view of where they were back then, where they're at now, etc.

However, one day I was doing a major cleanup project on my room and
decided, "I've got a lot of time.  Why don't I try it with a band that has
a lot of stuff out?"  So I made the mistake of picking OMD.  Much as I
love them, 9 albums and two cd's of b-sides is an astonishing amount of
music to try to cram into your head at once.  I think I made it through
"The Pacific Age" or so before I started going completely batshit.

At least I didn't try for the Cure...

-mrjake
It's late.  I'm still at work.  Ignore me if you wish.