Sinister: You Made Me Forget My Thighs

Corpora Arenacea lonelyhighway at xxx.com
Thu Oct 15 14:14:30 BST 1998

	Since when do secondary sex characteristics denote beauty? Huh? Why are
all the women in porno shaved, or most at least? Scary, I say.

	And seriously, at the first party I threw at my house I was talking
about how the historical scale is now reversed, and those with money can
afford to be thin while the poorer have to settle for fast food and tv
dinners and wind up being horridly overweight, when my friend Jerry from
400 miles away strode in, plopped down on the couch, and yelled (in
front of all my paraprofessional, uh, colleagues) "BITCH, BRING ME A
CHICKEN POT PIE!" It was funny how every single one of them got up and
said they really had to go all within a minute of each other. I mean,
there was a queue to leave. I had to return a keg 95 percent full.

	But really it's nice that the beanpoles get their chance at being the
queens, seeing as fat girls have had the rest of history to be the
paragons of beauty.  Not that this excuses eating disorders or anything.
I really don't think the first thing that goes through a man's head when
he sees a girl, consciously or unconsciously, is "God she could bear my
offspring quite well couldn't she?" Though my sociobiology course
contradicts that. Perhaps men now want a girl who =won't= bear any
children.

	And you don't know about body image problems til you've been a man
stuck with childbearing hips. Worse, a second-grader. Unnggh. I've come
to accept that I'll never have a cowboy's ass. At least if you're a girl
it's somewhat natural to have a pelvis like a wok.

	My favorite formative memory on body image was reading in Sassy an
interview with J Mascis.... "How do you feel about girls with big
asses?" "Any guy who's not weird will take as much as he can get." Ha!

	My dog loves rock and roll. And she's old! Whenever I really crank the
stereo she just moves up and lays right by the subwoofer, and the only
surefire way to get her in the house is to kick on my amp and play the
most tinnitus-inducing guitar..... she runs (well sort of waddles) up
and just puts her head right in the amplifier.... I'll test her response
to TUBBYWARS tonight. She's easily the hippest 84-year-old I know.