Sinister: How can we make love if we can't make amends?

jennifer phillips-bacher jlphilli at xxx.edu
Thu Oct 15 15:56:22 BST 1998

hello dearest bits o' lovin,

i've decided to crawl out from my cubby hole in the corner to say a few
things.

firstly, archel said:

>Incidentally, I thought that the next line went 'would he harrow the
>Mersey' which was baffling but fantastically poetic. I spent many a
>minute thinking about the New Testament and the similarities between
>Liverpool and hell, and why B&S had anything to say about it. Surely
>this is one of the most bizarre mishearings on record?

my grandpa knew a woman named mony.  i never knew mony's last name (um,
this is when grandpa and grandma were divorced and gramps would bring over
his "lady friend"...she gave me a strange doll once, she had on a blue lacy
dress [the doll, not mony]), but i've decided it was harold.  so my
mishearing goes something like this:  "mony harold has he seen?".  i don't
know why "seymour stein" makes me think of my elders.

and then:

>Something else I wanted to say, probably very boring. In my limited
>experience people alwayseither love Photo Jenny and dislike/like less
>You Made Me Forget My Dreams, or vice versa. I'm a 'Dreams' girl
>myself. I noticed one listee go for Photo Jenny. Does anyone care
>enough to corroborate my theory? (It's not wicked if you dont...)

well, i can't really say much for this theory, personally, as i adore both
songs equally.  admittedly, though, i burst into a flaming gulf of giggles
everytime stuart sings "get some fish and chi-i-ips la la la la la".  i
like to think that he forgot the words, just threw in those La Las for the
hell of it, and went home with strange butterflies in his stomach, the kind
you get when you're really excited to see someone, or more likely the kind
that you get when you're sitting in lecture and think about a funny joke
someone told you and then you want to laugh really badly, but you know that
if you do it will disrupt the professor's lecture on cultural hegemony and
power structures and Foucault and.....etc.

so anyway....

kiss kiss,
the mysterious jennifer