Sinister: Le Pastie

azriel kwl96 at xxx.edu
Thu Oct 15 19:17:18 BST 1998

At 15:10 -040010/15/98, Madame Cholet wrote:
[>I doesn't mean anything - it's pretending to be bakery of the rich.
[>
[>-teri
[>
[>I was always under the impression that "Bourgoisie" was the "middle" or
[>"working class" or opposite of the rich. The common-folk...and a Pastie is
[>just a pastie...(it's something you eat, flaky dough thing filled with
[>cheese and onion if you're lucky) and given "Le Pastie de la Bourgoisie"
[>was first spray painted outside of a bakery....I'm guessing it just means
[>that....The pastie of the working class. Loses all meaning when it's
[>disected and translated like that though really...
[
[
[
[beth

i always considered the bourgeoisie to be the middle class (not the working
class). you know -- the people who have relatively comfortable living and
lots of blue glass and stuff.
(i've always thought blue glass to be super-bourgie).
like, the very people the working class is against. for example --
communism is supposed to be for the working class, against the bourgeoisie.

-kerry

"so is this what it's come to? am i cold or just a little bit warm? give me
an easy life and a peaceful death."
	-the sundays