Sinister: Re: Fall question

John F. Monroe monroej at xxx.com
Fri Oct 16 01:15:57 BST 1998

Jordi Trenzano Vilar writes:

I have recently bought the Fall?s compilation "The A sides" (some songs
from 1984 until 1988) and I would like to know if they have more records
besides the ones of that period. If anyone else has this compilation or any
record where the song "L.A." appears, I don?t know if you?d agree that this
tune has more power than the 90% (or 99) of actual techno ones. And it is
from 85 !

L.A. is a good ol' classic Fall tune, repetition, repetition, repetition, as
they sang on a much earlier tune.  and it has the part with brix smith
intoning "this is my happening / and its freaking me out".
film buffs might recognize that from one of those 'valley of the dolls'
freaky flicks ( beyond? beneath? escape from? battle for? i cannot recall
now... )

if you want Fall 'techno',  go for "The Infotainment Scan", or the latest
studio one, 'Levitate',  if you want the stuff from approximately around
when they did L.A., you can't go wrong with "This Nations Saving Grace", " I
Am Kurious, Oranj", "Bend Sinister" or "B-Sides" ( that would be a good
place to go after A-Sides, it is a double album, 2 cds, and actually a lot
better than the A-sides collection ).